Saturday, May 16, 2015

Hawaiiana Paintings


                                                                      Sea Bird Painting


Lately I see the grain in so many things. Not just wood, but in contours of faces, in the soil, in the water. Ocean water is moving and we would think there isn't any grain in it. There is...and it moves along with the wind. Today I watch the tall fields of hay waving and the grains, or patterns, that were visible were beautiful.
I love looking at topography maps. It's like looking at a Hawaiian quilt with the stitches around the center pattern. Intriguing. That is how I use a palette knife in my art.

The above painting, Sea Bird, was completed today. I've had it up on the wall for a few days and decided it was complete after I added a little more today. It is a portrait of a Polynesian girl. What do you see in it? Do you see determination? Grace? It is for sale. Stop by my paintings at Saatchi Art. to find out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment