Thursday, February 19, 2015

The Box Art Show - Frederick


Design. The Box Show is all about design and art. Don't just "make do" with what's given you, make it marvelous art. Many are participating in the 14th Annual Box Show in Frederick, Maryland at The Artists Gallery.  It is a fundraiser for the artist owned gallery and a chance for artists to explore all areas...sculpture, woodworking, painting, and the freedom to put your design stamp on it. The rules are...there are no rules, basically.  I'm pretty sure I got that correct because I kept asking. I was even told by another artist, "You can even burn it." But then I would have to do something artsy with ashes.

The 8 x 8 x 8 plywood cube box is before me and it may no longer be a cube box when I am finished. It will definitely have some paint on it and that is about all I can reveal at this time. The design process is a little like riding a ferris wheel. Stop and Go. Highs and lows.  It's going to be a treat to see what 60 artists come up!  Definitely psyched!

Show and silent auction runs from March 6 through March 28.  

Carol Yap Paintings

No comments:

Post a Comment